Thursday, December 20, 2007

Santa sighting down under!


Today I'm celebrating Christmas as an Aussie!


Santa has been seen all decked out in his best summer outfit down under in the City of Perth. I've never thought about what Santa wears during those summer months. He apparently makes quite the fashion statement in his bright red, starry shorts with the traditional furry trim. I guess he's taking a quick break from the cold weather at the North Pole to visit the Aussies to hear their Christmas wishes, just time for the big delivery next week.


It can be particularly hot during the Christmas holidays in Australia. Christmas shopping is often done in shorts and t-shirts. Many Australians and tourists celebrate at a local beach or at poolside. It's been told that at many beaches Santa arrives on a surboard or a lifesaving boat.


While in Perth, Santa recommended some great animated lights that I'm sharing as the next stop on my e-tour of holiday lights. I hope that you enjoy the "Amazing Perth Christmas Lights" as shown below:


As posted on YouTube by Tonyal (not me)

Whether it be winter or summer where you are, today I hope that you have a very Merry Christmas!

Image credits:
"Roving Santa" by
City of Perth
Surfing Santa posted by Alex Wade on Surf Nation on TimesOnline
Additional reference: Santa's Net

No comments: