Sunday, December 23, 2007

Just hanging around for the holidays

Today I'm celebrating the lighting designers of the holiday season!

Here's a funny picture of a dummy hanging by one foot from a string of lights -- as if someone has slipped off the roof while hanging lights. Apparently there were many calls to the local police due to that dummy hanging at Sue Salah's house in Royal Oak, Michigan and she had to take the dummy down, at least as some have said. I love the beautiful lights at Christmas and especially admire those who can coordinate all the complex light changes with music. I would love to be able to do that at my house! However, I'm afraid that I'd look like Sue's dummy and would end up just hanging around for the holidays if I tried to hang the lights at my house! I think I'll just enjoy the lights hung by others instead. We traditionally drive around town looking at the beautiful lights each Christmas and singing Christmas carols along the way. There are several neighborhoods that feature their decorations and lighting.

I'm also enjoying browsing through YouTube to view the many Christmas light videos. As part of my blog, I've featured many of the YouTube Christmas light videos as part of my e-tour of holiday lights. Because time's a runnin' out and Christmas is only two days away, I'm featuring three of my favorites to add to my e-tour. I hope that you have the time to watch and enjoy each of them!

Christmas Light Show


As posted on YouTube by aepstockholder

More from Carson Williams ...Christmas in Lights New 2006 pt 1


As posted on YouTube by pbenja1


Christmas Lights - TSO - Faith Noel - 2007


As posted on YouTube by grodq

Photo credit: Sue Salah's house by Dick Hunt, Daily Tribune as posted on the Web

No comments: