Tuesday, December 11, 2007

All tangled up


Today I'm celebrating the house lights of Christmas!

I especially love the lights during the Christmas holidays. However, I don't particularly like the lighting at my house. In some prior years, I'd host a trim-the-tree party just so that I could get a host of folks to tackle the challenge of putting the lights on my tree. I'd cook something yummy and before I'd know it, the gang would have the tree lights on and the tree trimmed beautifully! Last year I bought a pre-lit tree so that we can now focus on the tree decorations. I'm ashamed to admit that one of the first challenges for the guys was usually working with the tangled mess of lights out of my storage box. Never fear, Santa now has a tutorial How to Untangle Christmas Lights on YouTube to solve that problem!

As posted on YouTube by expertvillage

One of our traditions is to ride around town to look at the holiday lights. I regretably often envy the folks who manage to put beautiful lights up on their homes. I've not yet tackled the joy of exterior holiday lighting and dealing with the tangled up lights, burned out bulbs, big ladders, and cold weather. I'm the typical person who enjoys those holiday lights from my warm car. However, I must admit that I'm not fond of all the holiday lighting I see around town. This year I'm sure we'll make our annual tour, but until then I'm working on something extra special. I'm working on my e-tour of holiday lights. I'm going to also enjoy the holiday lighting from my cozy chair in the warmth of my living room. Tonight I'm starting close to home. I hope that you enjoy the lights of Frisco, Texas!

As posted on YouTube by trykoski

No comments: