Monday, December 24, 2007

Oh hear the angel voices


On this Christmas Eve, I'm celebrating the angels heard on that most holy night announcing the birth of Christ the Lord

At this evening's Christmas Eve service, there did not seem to be a seat available in the church building. It was nice seeing the college kids home from school for the holiday break. It was great seeing old friends who had moved away but were in town visiting family for Christmas. I'm usually out of town and do not attend our Christmas Eve service. It had something for everyone, involving the children, the youth, and the choir. There was communion by candlelight. The evening ended with the singing of traditional carols.


It was amazing to hear the entire congregation singing O Holy Night. Here's a video of Josh Groban singing it:

As posted on YouTube by minmelethuireb2

On the way home from the service, I took a few detours to catch some of the holiday lights in the neighborhood. Continuing my e-tour of holiday lights, here's one of my favorites to the song Angels We Have Heard on High that I've saved for this lovely Christmas Eve:

As posted on YouTube by AgentJack13

Today I wish for you to experience the blessings of Christmas every day as the angels proclaimed!

Image credit: WashingtonMO.com

No comments: