Friday, December 7, 2007

Dear Santa, I can explain....


Today I'm celebrating Letter Writing Day!

I'm starting with the most important letter of the season, the one to Santa! This is my opportunity to remind him when I was nice and to offer an explanation for those minor little times when.... (I won't go there! TMI! After all, he already knows!?!) It's a time for me to send my Christmas wish list and hope that my story is convincing!

Perhaps your letter begins like one of these:
Dear Santa,
a) I've been good
b) I'm on the list..right?
c) Define good
d) I can explain
e) It wasn't me
f) I want it all!

Hopefully, you'll get an immediate reply from Santa with the message:
"I'll get my elves right on that!"
And not the following message and gift on Christmas Day....

"Some of us seem to never learn
being naughty has its price,
It's really not so hard you know
to change and just be nice
So if Santa doesn't visit you
you'll know that you were duped,
When all you find on Christmas morn
is a trail where reindeer pooped"

Now, since that's a little naughty, my wish list could be in jeopardy!

There are so many songs on YouTube about Christmas wish lists. Mariah Carey sings a favorite, All I Want for Christmas is You. Although Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken sing of it too, here's Amy Grant's music video about her Grown Up Christmas List:

From YouTube as posted by Forever780

What's on your Christmas wish list? Today, I hope that all your Christmas wishes come true this holiday season!

No comments: