Sunday, December 16, 2007

Pour, spread, or drizzle it on

Today I'm celebrating National Chocolate Covered Anything Day

Today is a day that all chocoholics like me celebrate with glee. I love chocolate. However, I can't keep it in the house without resisting it. I've tried to buy holiday candy early, not waiting to the last minute. However, somehow I talk myself into ripping into the package for just one. And, then later, there goes another! I can never add the little bitty chocolate snack allowed on Jorge Cruise's 3-Hour Diet to my plan -- it's just too irresistable!

Basically everyone knows that I love chocolate. When I go on vacation, a favorite day is a day when I have both shrimp and chocolate in the same day. It doesn't take much to guess what makes a perfect meal! I humorously tell folks that I work for chocolate --- and I'm not too particular about the brand either. I love anything from Godiva, Ghirardelli, Nestle, to Hershey's! After playing the piano for the alto rehearsal recently they gave me a gift certificate to Razzoo's (for shrimp!) and some Godiva chocolate. Then, at the choir Christmas party last week, to my delight they gave me a gift certificate to Pappadeaux (MORE SHRIMP!) and a box of Godiva chocolate bars! What wonderful friends I have!

Anything with a generous amount of chocolote poured, spread, or drizzled on it will definitely catch my eye and be a tempation. However, after checking YouTube today, I was quite surprised to see how many different things people cover with chocolate. When they said anything for today's observance, some people took it very seriously. Here's just a short list with some recognized favorites, as well as some very odd things, covered in chocolate. I've provided links to some videos from YouTube of brave people eating these items or describing how to create them.



How many of the following would you eat covered in chocolate?
Altoids
Ants
Apples
Bananas
Bugs (crickets, larvae)
Butter
Caramel Corn
Cherries
Cookies (Oreos, Nutter Butters)
Grasshopper
Jalapeno
Macaroni and cheese
Mealworms
Oysters
Pastries (doughnuts, eclairs)
Peanuts
Peas
Pickles
Pretzels
Strawberries
Seaweed
Everything else (e.g, chips, carrots, pickles)

As much as I love chocolate, I must admit that most of these items would not tempt me at all. My list would be rather short. Why ruin a good thing? However, I might consider taking the approach of the guy in the video for peanuts though -- no sense in wasting good chocolate! :)

I've added below a funny clip of Lucy at the chocolate factory, but you should also view the hilarious clip of Lucy and Ethel on the chocolate candy assembly line.

As posted on YouTube by coque7


Image credit: Nestle Ireland

No comments: