Wednesday, December 5, 2007

In the right light, at the right time

Today I'm celebrating the lights of Christmas!

Tomorrow is the lighting of the National Christmas Tree in the Ellipse near The White House in Washington, DC. I know many already have the lights up on their houses and the Christmas trees in place, all lit to celebrate the holidays. I, myself, am running a bit late this year. However, I think it would be cool to synchronize the lighting of my Christmas tree with the national ceremony --- with lights for both switched on simultaneously. How nice it would be to see my tree nicely lit, in the right light, at exactly the right time, on cue. It may seem crazy to some, but it sounds like a cool idea to me for a unique celebration. If I hurry, maybe I can make it, since I bought one of those pre-lit trees last year. :)

I love lighting and have been known to work with the lighting designer and crew for our annual Christmas production. However, when thinking of lights at Christmas I can't help but recall the awe of the Christmas Lights Gone Wild video on YouTube. Here's one version of it (with clearer view of the words and colors) from YouTube:

As posted on YouTube by bpenja1.

Not many can top that! Just remember as Aaron Rose once said, "In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary." I'm sure your holiday decorations and tree will be beautiful under your lights, even if they don't compare to those by Carson Williams. I'll look for some other cool videos of Christmas lights over the coming days. If you have a fav, post a comment on this page or send me a message.

Today, I hope that you too have seen the Light, as Luke Garrett sang this last weekend in our Christmas concert. As you enjoy the lights of the Christmas season, I challenge you to also let your light shine.

No comments: