Sunday, March 30, 2008

Celebrating 100 postings

Today I'm celebrating my 100th post to this blog!

When I submitted my first blog posting in November, I really had no idea where this whole thing would go. I had a goal to think of things daily to celebrate and to share those, daily. Actually, I've not been able to post every single day -- with work, travel, and keeping up with up to 5 wikis and 3 blogs now. I was not sure who would visit or how often. I signed up with Google Analytics to watch the traffic and since December 10 have watched 2,245 visitors as reported by Clustrmaps. A very few have posted comments, but I've received some very nice notes from readers. I also had another purpose - to learn the techniques and technical aspects of blogging. This blog has not won any awards and it's likely not on anyone's blog roll. However, I've learned a lot through this blog -- not only about memorable people, places, and things that make each day special, but also about myself. I've laughed at times, but I've also cried. I've know some who have also done so, because they've told me.

It is sometimes surprising what postings have been most popular. During Christmas, I was not surprised to see the popularity of the postings about Christmas with the Peanuts gang. Although I have not formerly tracked the most popular postings month-to-month, I have made some observations of the popular posts. Here are some favorites:
Everywhere I am, there you'll be
Just believe it.... there's nothing to it
Of all the stupid things
Feeling a bit insecure?
Really achieving your dreams
Guys you have a 10-minute head start at the sound of the gun
All the way, with one exception
Livin' in the fridge
Put your feet in the air and move them around
I'm all shook up 'cause I just saw Elvis leave the building
Crunchy or creamy
Off chasing dreams, but the same that I've really always been
Driving in circles for 50 years, 10,000 laps, and 25,000 miles
Going round and round in circles

If I had to repeat one blog post today, on the celebration of my 100th posting, it would be a message just for you: The most important thing you can say. Just as I felt when I started on this blog, I still hope that you find something that interests, amuses, or informs you. I hope that you'll continue to join me on my adventure in celebrating life!






No comments: