Thursday, March 13, 2008

I can't put it off any longer


This week I'm celebrating Procrastination Week
Are you guilty of putting things off? Postponing things you don't want to do until later, which never seems to come? Maybe the task is too overwhelming, too difficult, or too boring? Maybe there are things of much higher priority that get more focus? Or, maybe it is just much more important to be enjoying life and celebrating, leaving those boring tasks to another day! I tend to be a list-maker.
However, I've noticed that the same 14 items have been on my To-Do list on my Palm Treo since Christmas. Obviously, I'm procrastinating. My family and friends would also say that I'm obviously spending too much time on the Internet too to get everything done.


I found the Procrastinator's Creed on The Humor Bin. Here are a few items from it that you may find humorous:

  • I believe that if anything is worth doing, it would have been done already
  • I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses
  • I will never rush into a job without a lifetime of consideration
  • I truly believe that all deadlines are unreasonable regardless of the amount of time given
  • I shall always decide not to decide, unless of course I decide to change my mind
  • I will never put off tomorrow, what I can forget about forever

I dedicated some time tonight (procrastinating again on my to-do list) to find some resources to help me conquer this problem:



I found the song Procrastination by Amy Winehouse:

As posted on YouTube by pergonse


Today, although I'm going to try to manage my time well, I think I'll still focus on the things that are most important to me, regardless of what the list has on it, especially after reviewing what my time is actually worth. Concerning the 14 items on that To-Do list, I'll eventually get around to it. But for today, life's too short to get hung up on the many things on my list which probably don't really even matter much at all.




Image credits: CafePress, lifehacker, and unknown

No comments: