Sunday, April 25, 2010

The secret to staying young

It's that time of year again. The older I get the faster time seems to fly. It just seems like yesterday as my brother cautioned my young nephew, "Don't talk to an adult that way" that I heard him exclaim, "Aunt Tonya is not an ADULT!"

In celebration of this day, I found some interesting thoughts about aging.

  • Age is a matter of feeling, not of years. (George William Curtis)
  • Every one desires to live long, but no one would be old (Jonathan Swift)
  • Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life (Daniel Francois Esprit Auber)
  • Age is a question of mind over matter, if you don't mind, age don't matter. (Leroy Paige)
  • You can't help getting older, but you don't have to get old. (George Burns)
  • I will never be an old man. To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am. (Bernard M Baruch)
  • I'd like to grow very old as slowly as possible (Irene Mayer Sleznick)
  • Just remember, once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed (Charles M Schulz)
  • If you carry your childhood with you, you never become older (Abraham Sutzkever)
  • Don't just count your years, make your years count. (Ernest Meyers)
  • And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Forty is the old age of youth, fifty is the youth of old age. (Victor Hugo)
  • At twenty years of age the will reigns; at thirty, the wit, and at forty, the judgment. (Benjamin Franklin) Like wise Ben, I stopped counting then too!
  • When your friends begin to flatter you on how young you look, it's a sure sign you're getting old (Mark Twain)
  • I am also a fan of Robert Browning and encourage you all to Grow old with me! The best is yet to come. (Robert Browning)
  • Live your life and forget your age. (Norman Vincent Peale)
  • You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream (Les Brown)
  • And my favorite, The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age. (Lucille Ball)

Image credit: seattle traveler

No comments: