Friday, April 16, 2010

Free french fry day


Today I'm celebrating Free Fry Day at my local Jack in the Box restaurant. Not only are their fries free today, but they are also now trans fat-free.

This event got me thinking -- I LOVE french fries. I began to worry about how much trans fat I was consuming while driving through some of my favorite fast food restaurants. After a little research, I had a brief moment of celebration. Don't get me wrong - french fries are not on the recommended list from our nutritional experts. However, I was surprised to learn that the french fries at McDonalds, Burger King, and Wendy's don't have any reported trans fat either.

Hey Jack, what took you so long? I guess Jack is hoping to encourage those folks who were worried about the TF to come back. Or, might Jack have been worried about the rug being pulled from under his feet by those cities considering banning all trans fat from restaurant menus. Either way, thanks, I will take your FREE fries with that!

BTW, if you haven't visited the Jack in the Box website, try it out. Don't forget to visit Jack's office. At your request, Jack can make a phone call or send a video message on your behalf -- to simply talk trash, help you get a date, send your apologies, break up with a boyfriend, call in sick, or help you get a raise. Don't start celebrating that new raise too quickly -- be sure to actually listen or view the message first. Else, you may be spending quite a bit of time burning the midnight (trans fat-free) oil or shaking things up with Jack.

No comments: