Sunday, May 11, 2008

Her giving never ends

Today I'm celebrating Mother's Day

On this day we set aside aside some extra time to celebrate our Moms. The lady who is responsible for your very life. Even though she's busy at work, at home helping Dad, and at church, she's often volunteering her time at school too. She's not only your Mom, she's a coach, a volunteer, a friend, and even a superhero. A Mom's work is never done.



Here's just a very few of the special things my Mom did:

showed the way
helped each day
we could never repay
knelt with us each night as we'd pray

wiped away the tears
calmed the fears
led the cheers
listened with open ears

came to me when I was sick
knew just what made me tick
had the camera ready to take each pic
got along well with a city slick or even a country hick

wiped my fevered brow
explained the what, why, and how
set boundaries on what to allow
even though I may have wanted it now

held my head when I was ill
calmly helped me learn to swallow the first pill
managed the budget and every bill
made my favorite homemade pickles---sweet, not dill

taught me how to cook
helped me find every lost book
everyone else was first before she took
helped me even bait every hook

taught us how to bake
as we weekly made Grandpa his cake
made it from scratch--no mix, no fake
always one of the best, he'd ask we make

while standing on a stool we'd wash each dish
talking with mom about a wish
she's great at frying our favorites - shrimp and catfish
oh those times passed fast, with a swish

such a challenge, all can see
how can anyone like Mom be?
thinking of the great times with glee
my Mom, she means so much to me!


I love you Mom! Thanks for everything you do!

Image credit: HybridMom

No comments: