Sunday, January 17, 2016

Caution - A new adventure ahead, with many choices

During our lives, we regularly make decisions around multiple priorities, having to choose among many competing priorities,  from the demands of the work, the career, health, and family.   It's very tough achieving the complex work-life balance.  I'm at a crossroad in life -- where's the road is totally open and there are multiple paths for selection.   I've done my time at work, achieving the point in my career that I can choose to walk away on my own terms.  Although change can be scary, I'm really excited for the future.   I think there are lots of opportunities within the field of analytics (e.g., text analytics, data mining), hopefully on short-term projects or those that can be done part-time.  And, I hope to return to the classroom, where I began, to share my knowledge, experiences, and expertise in global survey research management, analytics, data mining, text analysis, social media analytics, etc.   However, I look forward to making my health, family, friends, and service a higher priority in my life.  As they say, the ball's in my court -- I get to choose the time to work and where I'll put my focus.  A new adventure is ahead -- with lots of choices.  

No comments: