Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I love Lucy, the first lady of television comedy

Today I'm celebrating the birthday of Lucille Ball

Lucille Ball is noted by TVLand as the undisputed first lady of television comedy. Ms. Ball is likely most remembered from her "I Love Lucy"show, which was one of the most successful shows in all of television history. TVLand reports that since its start at 9pm on October 15, 1951 it has never been offair. The show had around 40 million viewers each week and still entertains millions. It was amazing how an ordinary situation could transition to pure absurdity with Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred. You can read about episodes, provide reviews, and vote on your favorites at TV.com.

Here can see on this blogpost a tribute video with some of the best from season 1 and one of my favorite scenes (Lucy and Ethel on the chocolate factory line).

I Love Lucy Season 1 Tribute

As posted on YouTube by gclive

Lucy, Lucy, Lucy

As posted on YouTube by Plymer1258

Today I hope that memories of Lucy bring a smile to your day!


Image credit: tvshowposters

No comments: